To understand and respond to the needs of rural communities and tailor services accordingly.
- Include rural crime as a strategic objective and ensure effective cross boarder policing.
- Increase confidence of rural communities in policing by improving community safety: generate a Rural Safety Plan, in consultation with, the rural community.
- Invest and support rural policing to fight and prevent crime.
- Increase levels of crime reporting in rural communities.
- Strengthen and support Rural Watch.
- Expand the community safety responder programme in the rural area.
- Introduce a Rural Road Users Advisory Panel and bring local authorities, elected members, rural business, farmers, horse riders, cyclists and ramblers to address and respond to dangerous road users and accident black spots.
- Work with partners organisations to identify ways to make it easier and quicker to make safety improvements on country roads to address rural speeding and undertake targeted rural safety enforcement.
- Support ROSPA campaign targeting rural motorcyclists.
- Work with the Home Office, Ministry of Justice and Police and Crime Commissioners to facilitate a co-ordinated approach to rural crime.