To prioritise and tackle the areas of highest harm and risk known as the fatal 4: speeding, mobile phones, drunk and drug driving and seat belts.
- Ensure resources allocated to policing the strategic roads network are sufficient and be satisfied that effective partnership arrangements are in place.
- Invest in analytical capability necessary to identify risks and threats on the road network.
- Introduce as soon as practicable Operation Snap. This initiative uses video footage from road users to pursue dangerous drivers.
- Work with the community and local elected members of all parties to tackle road safety concerns in our communities.
- Develop a social media strategy to promote safer roads.
- Encourage and develop volunteer action to improve road safety such as community speed watch and junior road safety.
- Improve signposting to enable parishes, towns, schools, individuals and communities to share their concerns about road safety issues in their locality.
- Improve road safety and support for victims of road traffic accidents and families.
- Continue to invest in Operation Endurance to tackle the menace of off road bikes.
- Campaign for the government to allow local retention of income from enforcement to be directed towards local road safety initiatives.